Asian Brussel Sprout Salad
|Shaved brussel sprouts||2-3 Cups or 10/12 sprouts|
|Green Cabbage||1/2 a head|
|Dried cranberries||1 Cup|
|Toasted Sesame seeds||2 Tbls reserve 1 Tbls for garnish|
|Rice Vinegar||1/2 Cup|
|Canola Oil||1/4 Cup|
|Sesame oil||1 tsp|
|Sea Salt||1/2 tsp|
|Honey||1/4 cup + 1Tbls|
|Ginger (fresh or Ground)||1 1/2 tsp|
- Shred Brussel Sprouts with a Mandoline or with the slicer attachment on your Food Processor, I prefer the mandoline as it shreds them thinner.
- Shred Cabbage, easier if you cut it in quarters.
- Toast Sesame seeds in a dry pan over a medium high heat, keep the pan moving, don’t turn your back for a second or they will burn !
- Mix the dressing in bowl with a whisk and set aside.
- Toss all ingredients together right before serving as it does wilt.
- If you use Avocado toss with dressing before you add it to the salad
- Sprinkle with remaining Sesame seeds
Modified from Cafesucrefarine