Asparagus Kale Radish Salad
|Kale||3 Cups or 1 large Bunch|
|Red Cabbage||1/2 head|
|Roasted Salted Pistachios||1/4 Cup|
|Garbanzo Beans||1 Can|
|Watermelon Radish||1 Large|
|Feta Cheese||1/4 cup|
|Kalamata Olives||1/4 Cup|
|Olive oil||1/4 Cup|
|Apple Cider Vinegar||1/4 Cup|
|Lemon Juice||2 Tbls|
|Salt & Pepper|
I love this salad, the crunchy texture combined with the creamy garbanzo beans and the salty pistachios are perfect together.
You can buy shelled pistachios, they were $7.99 for a bag so I got 4 small $1 bags of roasted, salted pistachios and did it myself. Next time I’m getting the shelled ones, ruined my nails !
Find the original recipe at Edible Perspective.
- Grill trimmed Asparagus lightly with some olive oil over a med/high heat until you see some color, this should only take about 5 mins, you want it to be still crisp, Let cool and slice into 1 inch pieces.
- Shred Red Cabbage.
- Drain and rinse can of Garbanzo beans.
- Pull Kale from stems and tear into small pieces.
- Peel Watermelon Radish, cut in half lengthways and slice thin.
- Make vinaigrette and toss everything together.
- Garnish with Feta cheese if desired. All the amounts are adjustable as are the ingredients, if you can only find red Radishes no problem, don’t like Kale just use Spring Greens or Spinach. See Easy!!
- Don’t need to use all the dressing just enough to “wet” the salad.