Shaved Asparagus Grain Salad with Champagne Vinaigrette
|Bulgur Wheat or Quinoa||1 Cup|
|Pine Nuts||1/2 Cup|
|Feta Cheese||1/4 Cup|
|Champagne Vinegar||1/4 Cup|
|Olive Oil||3/4 Cup|
|Dijon Mustard||1 Tbsp|
This salad will kick-start the spring season!
This salad is loosely based on one I had at the California Pizza Kitchen (I may or may not have swiped a menu to get the ingredients, guess I should have just googled it !)
- Cook the Bulgur Wheat or Quinoa according to the package.
- While the Grain is cooking, slice the Red Onion and soak in a small bowl with 2 Tablespoons of Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 Tablespoons of Sugar and 4 Tablespoons of warm Water, set aside.
- Toast the Pine nuts in a dry pan and allow to cool.
- Snap the ends off the Asparagus and using a vegetable peeler shave the Asparagus into long ribbons. It’s easier if you do this on this on the edge of the countertop .
- Whisk all the dressing ingredients together.
- When the Bulgur Wheat or Quinoa is cooled mix with the dressing, don’t drown it, though.
- Toss the drained Onions and Asparagus with the cooked Grain and work through the Arugula.
- Top the Salad with the Pine Nuts and crumbled Feta Cheese.