Simple Banana Cream Pie
|Flour||1 1/2 Cups|
|Butter flavored Shortening||1/4 Cup|
|Cold Water||1/4 Cup|
|White Vinegar||1/2 Tbsp|
|Whipped Cream||1 Cup will be 2 Cups when whipped|
|Powdered Sugar||1 Tbsp|
|3.4oz box Instant Vanilla Pudding||1|
|Cold Milk||1 Cup|
|Cream Cheese||8oz Package|
|Condensed Milk||14oz Can|
|Whipped Cream||2 Cups Whipped|
|Nutella or Chocolate Sauce||3 Tblsp|
With rich creamy filling and a flaky crust, it’s a classic for a reason. This is a simplified recipe but if you want to make it even easier you can use a Graham Cracker Crust, Shortbread Cookie or a Biscoff Cookie Crust ( or even use a pre made graham cracker crust.)
This is better if it is left in the fridge for 3-4 hours but if you are in a hurry or you have just bombed your finals or got dumped….. an hour in the fridge is fine ! If you are making the crust use the recipe below if you are using a pre-made skip to the filling.
- Pre Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Mix Pie crust ingredients together in a food processor and roll into a ball cover with cling film, keep in the fridge for at least 30-40 minutes before using.
- When the dough has rested roll out in a large enough circle to cover the entire 9″pie plate (roll it out to about 11″)
- Place in pie plate and fold edges under and press down with a fork (I used a decorative key I had hanging on a cupboard) prick the entire pie, sides included with a fork so it doesn’t rise when you pre-bake it, cover pie crust with foil and pour either a cup of dry rice or beans onto the foil and bake for about 15 -20 minutes at 400 degrees. Let cool.
Next the filling which is really easy,
- With a mixer with a whisk attachment whisk all the Cream with the Sugar & Vanilla to stiff peaks and then separate into 1/2 when whipped (you will use one amount for the topping) Set aside & refrigerate.
- Next mix the Milk & the Instant Pudding together in a separate bowl.
- Using the mixer again whip the Cream Cheese until smooth and fluffy then with the mixer running pour in the Condensed Milk and mixed pudding mix and beat until smooth.
- Fold in the first amount of Whipped Cream until just combined.
- Spoon a few Tablespoons of filling onto the top of the cooled Pie Crust and spread out this will help the Bananas stick, Cut the Bananas into even size slices and press into the bottom of the pie and spoon filling on top.
- Finish with remaining Banana slices then top with the remaining Whipped Cream and whatever additional topping you want, Nuts, Grated Chocolate, Toasted Coconut, Caramel or Nutella Drizzle.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour.