|Swiss Chocolate Cake Mix||1 Box|
|Melted Butter||1/2 Cup|
|Chocolate Pudding Mix||3.4 oz Box|
|Cream of Tartar||1/4 teaspoon|
I put the Cupcake mix in a piping bag so I could control it a little better.
- Make the Cupcakes by combining the dry Cake Mix with the Eggs, Chocolate Pudding Mix, Milk and Melted Butter.
- Spoon into a Cupcake pan filled with Cupcake liners, fill them about 1/2 to 2/3 full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven an allow to cool.
- Make the Meringue by adding a little water to a pot and bringing it to a boil, then place the Egg Whites, Sugar, Cream Of Tartar and Salt to a heatproof bowl and place over the boiling water.
- Stir constantly until the Sugar is dissolved, if you have a candy thermometer it should read 120 degrees, I don’t own one so I test it by touching it, if it is uncomfortable and you cant keep your finger in it its done.
- Add that to a mixer with a whisk attachment or a hand mixer and beat starting on a low speed then increasing to a high speed for about 5 minutes until stiff and glossy add the Vanilla last and mix to blend it in.
- Place in a piping bag fitted with a round tip and pipe on the cooled Cupcakes starting at the outside edge.
- With a blow torch lightly brown the outside of the Cupcakes and serve.
- I found the candy Bees at Walmart in the Cake decorating section.