Beet Carrot Salad with Curry Oil Dressing
|Olive Oil||1/2 Cup|
|Curry Powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon Mustard||1 Tablespoon|
The Curry dressing really elevates these ingredients into a pretty unique salad.
This can be made ahead of time, which I prefer since the dressing softens the Beets and infuses them with flavor.
- Make the dressing by bringing the Oil and the Curry Powder to a simmer, then let cool.
- Blend Vinegar, Dijon Mustard and Garlic, slowly stream in the Curry Oil. Blend until smooth and thick, season with salt to taste. If you like it sweeter add a little Honey.
- Peel and slice the Beets thinly with a Mandoline
- Peel the Carrots then lay them on a flat surface and pressing firmly with a vegetable peeler make Carrot Ribbons.
- Keep the Yellow Beet slices & the Red Beet slices in separate bowls, add some Dressing to each bowl, I threw the Carrots in with the Yellow Beet Slices.
- Serve by layering the Beet slices and the Carrot ribbons.
- Add a few sprigs of Cilantro and some chopped Pistachios for garnish.