Cake Mix Mini Lemon Cake Towers
|Lemon Cake Mix||1 Box|
|Melted Butter||1/2 Cup|
|Cream Cheese||1 8oz Block|
|Sugar Free Strawberry Jam||3 Tablespoons|
|Softened Butter||1/4 Cup|
|Powdered Sugar||3 Cups|
Lemon cake from a box what could be easier! The cake mix is not made with the directions or ingredients on the back of the box and it is so much better.
You could change this to whatever flavor you want, I use sugar free Strawberry Jam in my frostings as it retains the pink color and the regular jam makes it a dull pink shade.
You will need two baking trays to make this.
I made about 8 from 1 box.
- Pre heat the oven to 325 Degrees.
- Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper and spray with baking spray.
- Make the Cake by combining the Melted Butter, Eggs & Milk with the boxed mix and mix until smooth.
- Pour 1/2 of the mixture into each tray and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes, check with a toothpick or wooden skewer after 10 minutes if it comes out clean or with a few crumbs on it its done. If not give it a few more minutes and check again.
- Take the Cakes out and let cool, I left mine overnight covered and cut them the next day.
- When the Cakes are cold cut circles out to the desired size and set aside in piles of 3.
- Make the Frosting by mixing the softened Cream Cheese and Butter until smooth then adding the other ingredients and mixing until smooth. Add the Powdered Sugar a cup at a time , You may not need all of it.
- Pipe the Frosting onto the bottom Cake circle and top with another Cake circle, if they start to lean get a wooden skewer and stick it in the middle and pipe around it or just do 2 layers. Place the final circle on top and pipe on top starting at the middle.