Cauliflower Sweet Potato Salad with Lemon Dressing
|Bulgur Wheat or White Quinoa||1 Cup cooked|
|Olive Oil||2 Tbls|
|No Salt Seasoning||1 Tbls|
|Olive oil||2/3 Cup|
|Lemon Zest||1 lemon|
|Lemon Juice||1-2 lemons|
|Dijon Mustard||2 Tbls|
|Honey or Agave||1-2 Tbls|
Roasted sweet potatoes & cauliflower are great sources of vitamins, so I combined them into one recipe. This is a powerhouse salad or side dish that lasts for a few days in the fridge (although it tastes better served at room temperature).
I found this recipe at Pinch of Yum and I am so glad I did! It is fantastic & I will be making it again. I only adapted the dressing slightly.
- Pre heat oven to 425 Degrees.
- Peel and cube sweet potato, separate cauliflower into small florets and toss with a little olive oil barely enough to coat it sprinkle a little dried thyme, salt & pepper or any seasoning you like, I like using the organic no salt seasoning from Costco its a great blend without adding salt its easier to control if its separate. Cook for about 25-35 minutes, tossing once about halfway though cooking, check at this time if the sweet potato is just tender then it is done no need to cook it further.
- Dice the parsley quite fine & mix it with all the dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Cook bulgur wheat or Quinoa according to the package, drain & set aside then fluff it with a fork before adding it to the salad, it needs to be dry.
- When its all cooked yet still warm or room temperature toss with Dressing, diced Apples & rough chopped Parsley then serve.