Charred Carrots with Cilantro Miso Pesto
|Red Pepper Flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Canola Oil||2 Tablespoons|
|Toasted Pine nuts or Pistachios||1/4 Cup|
|White Miso Paste||2 Tablespoons|
|Olive Oil||2-4 Tablespoons|
I love the flavor of charred vegetables, this method works well with Vegetables with a high sugar content like Carrots, Corn & Pumpkin.
I cooked the Pumpkin at the same time as the Carrots, exactly the same way.
- Preheat your Broiler to 500 degrees.
- Peel and cut the Carrots lengthwise and then cut those pieces in half if you are using regular size Carrots if not just slice them lengthwise.
- Toss with Oil and Red Pepper flakes & Salt.
- Place on a baking sheet and cook on the top rack of the oven until well charred (about 10-12 minutes) you may have to turn them over once during cooking. Test with a skewer to see if its tender.
- Make the Pesto by adding all ingredients minus the Oil to a food processor and blending, while the motor is running add the oil and keep blending until it comes together if it too thick add more oil or a little water until its the right texture.
- Serve the Vegetables with the Pesto.
- Sprinkle a little Feta over the top if you like.
← Previous Shortcut Pumpkin Sage Ravioli