Chipotle Sweet Potato Salad
|Black Beans||1 Can|
|Sliced Green Onion||6|
|Cilantro||1 Large Bunch|
|Diced Red Pepper||1|
|Diced Avocado (optional)||1 Large|
|Chipotle peppers in adobo||1-2 Tbls (approx adjust to taste)|
|Apple Cider Vinegar||2 tsp|
|Salt & Pepper|
|Cumin||1 1/2 tsp|
|Fresh squeezed lime juice||1|
I love this salad! It is a complete meal, plus it is adjustable so you can eliminate anything you don’t like. Oven-roasting the sweet potato really makes this salad great, also charring the corn adds a lot of flavor. You can double this recipe easily & you wont be sorry it disappears pretty quickly! The small can of Chipotles in adobo are available in almost every grocery store they cost about $1.25 so if you don’t use them all its not going to break the bank.
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes into large chunks, toss with olive oil and salt and pepper and cumin, spread evenly on an oven tray lined with foil or parchment paper.
- Roast at 400 degrees for about 25-35 mins you don’t want them too soft as they will flatten in the salad.
- While they are cooking char the drained can of corn in a non stick pan over a medium high heat until you see some color on the corn.
- Drain and rinse black beans and set aside.
- Chop red peppers, cilantro & green onions.
- When everything is cooled to room temperature mix the dressing ingredients together, blend the can of chipotles (I use a stick blender & blend the whole little can, but a food processor will work too, add a little apple cider vinegar or water to help it blend) add chipotle sauce 1 tsp at a time and taste after each addition depending on your heat preference, keep refridgerated.
- Mix the sweet potatoes and most of the ingredients together.
- I reserve a handful of each vegetable to sprinkle on top of the salad for garnish.
- Use as much or as little of the dressing as you want. If you have any left over it is great on Fish Tacos.