Chocolate Mousse Pie
|Chocolate Wafer Cookies||9 oz|
|Melted Butter||6 Tablespoons|
|Heavy Whipping Cream||1.5 Cups|
|Milk Chocolate Chips||3/4 Cup|
|Heavy Whipping Cream||1 Cup|
|Powdered Sugar||1/4 Cup|
|Vanilla Extract||1/2 teaspoon|
|Grated Milk Chocolate|
- Crush the Wafer Cookies and add the melted Butter and press evenly into an 8 inch Deep Dish Pie Pan, place into the freezer while you make the Mousse.
- Melt the Chocolate chips in the microwave for about 1 minute, it may take longer than that but only heat at 30 second intervals. Set aside.
- Whip the 1.5 Cups of Cream in a stand mixer with whisk attachment until stiff peaks form.
- Remove the Whipped Cream from the mixing bowl and set aside.
- Clean the bowl extremely well then add the Egg White and whisk until foamy then slowly add the sugar and continue to whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Add about a cup of the Whipped Cream to the Melted Chocolate and blend together, then add the remaining Cream then the Egg Whites.
- Pour into the frozen Pie Shell and chill for at least an hour.
- When you are ready to serve whip the remaining Cream with the Powdered Sugar and Vanilla until stiff.