Coconut Key Lime Tart
|Coconut Cookies||2 Cups|
|Melted Butter||8 Tablespoons|
|Key Lime Juice||1/2 Cup|
|Condensed Milk||1 can|
|Heavy Cream||2 Cups|
The coconut cookie crust is a great match with the creamy key lime filling.
This is so quick to make it takes longer to set up in the fridge than it does to make it.
- Pre-heat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Crush the Cookies in a food processor until most of the large pieces are gone.
- Melt the Butter and mix into the crushed Cookies.
- Press the Cookie Crumb mixture into a 9 – 10 inch Tart Tin.
- Bake the Cookie Crust for about 12-15 minutes, remove from oven and let cool
- Start whipping the Cream until you see soft peaks at that point slowly add the Condensed Milk, You won’t have much choice it pours out so slow.
- Add the Lime Juice last and mix until stiff peak stage.
- When the Tart Shell is cool spoon the Cream mixture into it and smooth it over with a spatula.
- Decorate with Toasted Coconut and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or longer.
- Slice and serve.