Coconut Macaron Raspberry Torte
|Toasted Coconut||1 Cup|
|Dessicated Coconut||1 Cup|
|Shredded Coconut||1 Cup|
|Almond Meal||1/2 Cup|
|Caster Sugar||3/4 Cup|
|Icing Sugar||1 3/4 Cups|
|Whipping Cream||2 Cups|
|Mascarpone Cheese||8oz Tub|
|Vanilla Pudding Mix||1 Box|
|Coconut Extract||1/2 teaspoon|
|Fresh Raspberries||3 Cups|
This is like a cloud to eat! Chewy coconut meringue and tart raspberries.
If you don’t want to make the filling just use Whipped Cream instead, or you could use all the leftover Egg Yolks to make and epic Custard.
- Pre Heat the oven to 300 degrees.
- Grease 2 oven trays.
- Draw a 10 inch circle on parchment paper and flip upside down so you can see the lines but it wont leave a mark on the cake.
- Beat the Egg Whites in a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment until soft peaks form, gradually add the Caster Sugar beating until dissolved between additions.
- Gently fold in the sifted Powdered Sugar, then the Almond Flour and Coconuts.
- Place in a piping bag (no need for a tip) pipe around to outside edge to the center of each circle.
- Place in the oven for about 45 minutes to an hour or until dry to the touch.
- Let cool on the trays while you make the filling.
- Mix the Mascarpone until smooth and creamy then add the Pudding mix and mix until smooth add the Whipping Cream and Coconut extract, beat until smooth and thick.
- Peel the paper gently off the Torte, they are quite fragile so be careful if it breaks just stick it together with some filling.
- Pipe or spoon onto the Torte and press some of the Raspberries (enough to cover the filling).
- Press the other Torte Shell on top and press gently to help it stick.
- Repeat the same for the top.
- Dust with Powdered Sugar.