|Toasted Slivered Almonds||1/4 Cup|
|Golden Raisins||1/4 Cup|
|Apple Cider Vinegar||2 Tablespoons|
|Whole Grain Mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Honey or Agave||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon Juice||3 Tablespoons|
|Orange Juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt & Pepper|
|Canola Oil||1 Cup|
|Granny Smith Apple||1|
|Madras Curry Powder||1 Tablespoon|
This is yet another recipe from Lemonade LA! I was so excited to work out the recipe, it’s really good. Plus there is a lot cauliflower around right now.
This an easy recipe but a slightly complicated dressing, but it is worth the effort although be warned your house may smell of Curry for a few days ! Also be careful not to get the Curry oil on your clothes as it is a beast to get off, same goes for your hands and dishes.
The Curry Oil Vinaigrette is so addictive it is worth all the extra steps.
Make the Curry Oil first.
- Coarsely chop the Apple and Onion, no need to be accurate just rough chop it.
- Put 2 Tablespoons of Canola Oil in a small pot and heat over a medium low heat when hot add the Apple & Onion.
- Cook and stir until soft and fragrant, about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the Turmeric and Curry Powder and cook until the spices begin darken slightly, about 1 minute take care not to let them burn.
- Pour in the remaining Canola Oil and stir everything together increase the heat and bring the Oil to a boil.
- Boil for 1 minute then remove from the heat and allow to cool to room temperature.
- When cool strain the Oil into a glass container and discard the pieces of Apple & Onion.
- To keep the Oil clear let the sediment settle to the bottom and try not to move it.
- In a bowl combine the Mustard, Honey, Vinegar, Lemon & Orange Juices. Gently whisk and season with Salt and Pepper.
- Pour off the Oil taking care not to disturb the sediment in the bottom.
- Whisk it right before you use it.
- Pre-Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut or break the Cauliflower into smaller florets.
- Toss with a 1/4 cup of Olive Oil and season generously with Salt & Pepper.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes until crisp tender and slightly brown.
- Put the Cauliflower in a bowl and toss with the Toasted Almonds and Raisins and add 1/2 a cup of the Curry Vinaigrette.
- You can serve this cold, warm or at room temperature.