Easy Blackberry Shortbread Tart
|Sugar||1 Cup +2 Tablespoons|
|Vanilla Extract||1.5 teaspoons|
|Almond Flour||3/4 Cup|
|Blackberry Pie Filling||1 Can|
|Lemon Juice||3 Tablespoons|
This is an easy tart that can be whipped up in about 10 minutes, you can use any flavor pie filling you want too, I added the lemon juice to give it a little bite.
This tart holds up well and is just as good the next day.
The Almond Flour is a little expensive but it makes a difference in the Crust.
You can serve this with Whipped Cream or Vanilla Custard (I bought mine from IKEA !)
- Pre Heat oven to 325 Degrees.
- Allow the Butter to soften then mix on a medium speed with the Sugar until light and creamy.
- Add the Vanilla and Salt, then add the Flours and mix until everything is incorporated.
- Remove 3/4 of a Cup of the Pastry Dough and place in the freezer.
- Spray a 10 or 11 inch Tart pan with no stick cooking spray.
- Press the remaining Pastry Dough into the Tart pan.
- Place in the oven and bake for 12 minutes, (it should be just pale golden brown at the top edge).
- Remove from the oven and let cool for 10-15 minutes. Don’t turn the oven off as you are going to bake it again.
- Mix the Lemon Juice into the Pie Filling then spoon the Pie Filling into the Pastry Shell and even it out.
- Take the frozen Pastry Dough out of the freezer and crumble it evenly over the top.
- Place back into the oven and bake for 25 -30 minutes.
- Remove and let cool to room temperature, this is best served warm.
- Dust with Powdered Sugar and garnish with Fresh Blackberries.