Easy Curry Vegetable Tempura Fritters
|Curry Powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt & Pepper|
These will fly off the table as soon as they come out of the fryer! I served mine with Sweet Chili Sauce.
This fuses Indian flavors with Japanese Tempura and it totally works !
- Spiralize the peeled Sweet Potato and the Zucchini, quarter the Onion and slice it thinly. Cut the Sweet Potato Spirals and Zucchini in halves or thirds. Finely dice 1/2 the Cilantro and add to the Vegetables.
- Mix the Flour, Cornstarch, Turmeric, Curry Powder and season with Salt & Pepper mix with 1 Cup of water, I start with 1/2 Cup and add a little bit at a time to get a texture a bit like thin Pancake Batter.
- Heat the Peanut Oil to 335 degrees.
- Dump all the Vegetables in and mix them with the Batter.
- Dip your fingers into the Vegetable Batter and remove about 3-4 Tablespoon size amount and gently place into the Oil, it will only need 2-3 minutes for the first side then flip over and cook until golden not dark.
- Sprinkle with the remaining Cilantro and serve hot. Sprinkle with Salt if you like them saltier.