|Salted Butter||1 1/2 Cups (3 sticks)|
A very simple recipe from my childhood, this actually may be one of the first recipes I ever learned. I was going to name it Shameless Self Promotion Shortbread as it has my website’s name on it. Looking at it now it looks like it says RUDY, oh well I’ll slow clap while I’m eating it I guess.
- Pre-Heat the oven to 325 Degrees.
- Blend Butter until smooth in a large bowl, using an electric mixer set at a medium speed. Slowly add in the Sugar. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and combine thoroughly. Add Flour and mix at a low speed until blended.
- At this stage you have 2 options, either roll the dough out to about 1/4 inch thick and cut the dough into cookie shapes or even easier press the dough into 1 large shape and cut it when cooked. Either way, place it on parchment paper on a cookie sheet to cook.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes until just done you don’t want them to brown, take out of the oven and place the cookie sheet on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
- When cool you can dip the cookies halfway into melted chocolate or just drizzle some on the top of each one.