Fennel Salad with Pickled Celery
|Sliced Red Onion||1/4|
Quick Celery Pickles
|Apple Cider Vinegar||2/3 Cup|
- Make the Pickling liquid by adding all the ingredients to a pot and heat until the sugar dissolves, set aside to cool. When cooled slice the Celery and add it to the liquid and let them pickle for 30-45 minutes. Throw the Red Onion slices in to the liquid for about 10 minutes at the end.
- Toast the Walnuts in a dry pan and set aside to cool down.
- Make the Dressing by adding 1/2 Cup of Walnuts to a food processor with the Maple Syrup, Garlic, Whole Grain Mustard and whizz together with the processor running pour the oil into the spout add the Lemon juice at the end and season to taste.
- Trim the Fennel and slice thinly, peel the Watermelon Radish and cut into slices and then small pieces, add to a bowl with the Pickled Celery & Onions.
- Throw the remaining Walnuts on top and serve with the Dressing on the side.