Feta Chive Scones
|Unsalted Butter||3/4 Cup|
|Baking Soda||2.5 teaspoons|
|Baking Soda||.5 teaspoon|
|Black Pepper||.5 teaspoon|
|Sour Cream||3/4 Cup|
|Crumbled Feta Cheese||3/4 Cup|
|Chopped Chives||1/2 Cup|
These are such tasty little scones and would pair well with tomato soup.
You can make these any size you like, and they are good the next day too just heat them up.
- Preheat the oven to 400 Degrees.
- Mix together the dry ingredients, Cut the cold Butter into cubes, then using a pastry cutter add the Butter cubes and blend until it resembles coarse breadcrumbs.
- Mix the Sour Cream and Egg together thin it out with the water, then pour into the dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the Feta chunks & Chives.
- Dump the whole thing out on to the counter that has been dusted with flour.
- Knead about 10 to 15 times until the mixture comes together.
- Pat the dough into about a 1 inch thickness, press into 2 inch circles using a biscuit cutter or cut into squares. Don’t twist the cutter as it needs to rise and that seals the edges
- Place on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment.
- Beat the remaining Egg and brush the tops and sprinkle with Salt & Pepper.
- Bake for 12 -15 minutes.
- Serve warm.