French Green Bean Salad with Fried Capers
|Small Golden Beets||4-6|
|French Green Beans||1.5 lbs|
|Mini Potatoes||1 lb|
|Olive Oil||6 Tablespoons|
|Fresh Dill||2 Tablespoons|
This is a French green bean & potato salad, don’t skip the fried capers as they really boost the salad!
Use Beets from a jar to save time.
- Make the Dressing by whisking all the ingredients together except the Oil drizzle that in while whisking so the dressing emulsifies. Place in the fridge while you prepare the Salad.
- Boil the Potatoes until just tender, set aside to cool.
- Do the same for the Beets just add a cup of vinegar and a cup of sugar to the water you are boiling them in. Cook until just tender and set aside to cool.
- When the Beets are cool gently peel the skins off (it’s easier if you halve them first).
- Blanch the Green Beans by placing them into a pot of boiling salted water for about 1-2 minutes then you drain them and plunge them into ice water to stop the cooking process.
- Fry the Capers by adding a little Oil to a small pan and heat, drain the capers and pat them dry, fry them until they burst open and are crisp, place them on a paper towel to drain.
- Quarter the Eggs and the Tomatoes.
- Arrange all the Salad ingredients on a platter and serve with the Dressing on the side or toss everything with the Dressing. Top with the fried Capers.