Fresh Cilantro Shrimp Salad
Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
|Rice Wine Vinegar||1/3 Cup|
|Fresh Lime Juice||1/4 Cup|
|Maple Syrup||2 Tablespoons|
|Garlic||1 minced clove|
|Canned Chipotle||1 1/2 teaspoons|
|Light Olive Oil||3/4 Cup|
|Cilantro Leaves||1 Cup|
|Grilled Large Shrimp||2 Cups|
|Green Leaf Lettuce||1 Head|
|Romaine Lettuce||1/2 Head|
|Cotija Cheese (optional)||1/2 Cup|
|Black Beans||1 Can|
|Tortilla Strips||2 Cups|
|Red Quinoa cooked||1/2 Cup|
Loosely based on the Nordstrom Cilantro Shrimp Salad (but better)!
There are a lot of shortcuts if you are short on time. The fresh Corn could be replaced with a can of Fire Roasted Corn and you could just thaw cooked Shrimp and toss them in the Dressing after you have rinsed them. The quinoa you can buy cooked in the frozen section at most grocery stores.
This does make a lot of Dressing but you wont be sorry as its really good and you can use it as a marinade as well.
- Make the Dressing by squeezing the Limes, mincing the Garlic and adding all the other ingredients minus the Oil to a food processor and whizz it up, while the motors running, slowly add the oil so the dressing comes together. Place in the fridge until you need it.
- Grill the Corn Cobs on each side so it has a nice char to it. (or use a can of fire roasted corn)
- Grill the Shrimp by adding a little of the Salad Dressing to them and place them in a hot grill pan(about a minute or two on each side).
- Cut all the Lettuce into large chunks and place in a large bowl, drain and rinse the Black Beans and add to the bowl.
- Cut the Red Pepper and Avocado into pieces & add to the bowl.
- Cut the Corn from the cobs and add to the bowl .
- Toss with a little of the Dressing and then mound onto serving plates or one large platter and arrange the Shrimp and Roma Tomato quarters on the edges of the Salad.
- Drizzle some more Dressing over the Salads and top with the Tortilla Strips and extra Cilantro