Fried Burrata with Balsamic Tomatoes and Peaches
|Burrata Cheese||1 Large Ball or 4 Small|
|Panko||1 1/2 Cups|
|Cherry Tomatoes||2 Cups|
|Fresh Basil||1/4 Cup|
|Balsamic Glaze||1/4 Cup|
|Salt & Pepper|
|Oil for Frying|
|Balsamic Vinegar Glaze||3 Tablespoons|
|All Purpose Seasoning||4 teaspoons|
Burrata cheese is a softer creamier version of mozzarella and you can find burrata cheese at the cheese counter at your grocery store, it is either in one big ball of the small ones I used.
- Add the flour and 2 teaspoons of the seasoning to a small bowl.
- Whisk the Eggs together in another small bowl.
- Pour the Panko and the remaining seasoning into yet another small bowl.
- Roll the Burrata gently on a paper towel to dry.
- Place in the Flour bowl and roll around to coat.
- Then place the Burrata into the Egg mixture and coat.
- Roll the Burrata in the Panko and then repeat the Egg and Panko step.
- Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes while you heat the Oil and halve the Tomatoes.
- Add the Tomatoes to a bowl and then thinly slice the Basil and mix together with some Salt & Pepper and about a tablespoon of the Balsamic Glaze.
- Place in serving dish, when the Oil is heated to at least 350 degrees (test by throwing a small piece of bread into it when it sizzles and rises to the surface it is hot enough)
- Deep fry for about 2-3 minutes until all sides are golden brown. Serve right away on top of the Tomatoes and some more Balsamic Glaze.