Gluten Free Quinoa Tabbouleh (VG)
|White Quinoa||1 Cup|
|Fresh Parsley||1 Large Bunch|
|Fresh Mint Leaves||1/4 Cup|
|Dried Mint||2 teaspoons|
|Light Olive Oil||5 Tablespoons|
|Salt & Pepper|
Traditional tabbouleh is made with cracked wheat and this recipe swaps it for gluten free quinoa plus adding a little protein is a bonus.
This makes a great side dish or topping for Salmon or Grilled Chicken.
- Make the Quinoa according to the package, I used 1 cup of Quinoa with 2 cups of water and it took 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Seed the Cucumber and dice into small pieces, cut the Tomatoes into small pieces as well leave out as many seeds as you can.
- Finely dice the Green Onions. Mix the Cucumber, Tomatoes & Green Onions together.
- Zest the Lemons and add that zest to the Veges.
- Juice the Lemons and Lime add to a mixing cup with the light Olive Oil & Dried Mint, Salt & Pepper.
- Wash and tear the Parsley into thirds (discard the stems) and place in a food processor and pulse until it is finely diced. Add the Mint and pulse one more time.
- Add all the ingredients and mix with the dressing and serve.