Grilled Asparagus Hazelnut Salad
|Green Leaf Lettuce||1|
|Manchego Cheese||1/4 Cup|
|Toasted Hazelnuts||1/4 Cup|
|Canola Oil||2/3 Cup|
|Sherry Vinegar||1/4 Cup|
|Honey or Agave||2 Tablespoons|
|Orange Juice||1 teaspoon|
|Kosher Salt||1 teaspoon|
|Freshly Ground Black Pepper||1/4 teaspoon|
- Toast the all the Hazelnuts in a dry pan, reserve 1/4 Cup for the Salad, when they are cool add to a food processor or blender with the Canola Oil and blend together at high speed for about a minute or two until the nuts are incorporated, pour into a container and set aside. The nuts will settle at the bottom don’t worry it will come together later.
- To prepare the Vinaigrette whisk together the Vinegar, Honey, Squeezed Juices, Minced Shallot, Salt & Pepper.
- Pour in the Hazelnut Oil along with all the nut goop that has settled, whisk it all together it won’t be totally emulsified so shake it up before you use it.
- It will make more than you need so store it in the fridge.
- Cook the Farro according to the package. Let cool.
- Snap the woody ends off the Asparagus and slice it lengthwise and thinly slice the Zucchini.
- Heat a grill pan and grill the Asparagus then the Zucchini, don’t cook it for long just until you see grill marks.
- Slice the Radishes.
- Lay the Green Leaf Lettuce on a platter or a bowl.
- Mix the Dressing with the cooled Farro.
- Toss the Grilled Vegetables with the dressed Farro.
- Place on top of the Lettuce and spoon some more Dressing on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining Hazelnuts over the Salad.
- Shave the Manchego over the Salad.