Healthy Summer Pasta Salad
|Fresh Ginger||3 inch Piece|
|Fresh Thyme||4 Springs|
|Brown Sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive Oil||1/4 Cup|
|Cherry Tomatoes||2 Cups|
|Fresh Mint Leaves||1/4 cup|
|Fresh Basil Leaves||1/4 Cup|
Pasta salad with an unusual ginger orange dressing! the original recipe asked for the tomatoes to be roasted, I personally don’t like the texture of cooked tomatoes so I opted to marinate them instead.
It lasts a lot longer than the mayo-based salads.
- Marinate the Tomatoes by placing them in a bowl or zip-lock bag, peel and grate the Ginger, zest the Orange and squeeze the Juice, crush the Garlic Cloves, add the Brown Sugar and Thyme sprigs, finally mix in the Olive Oil and leave to marinate overnight.
- Make the Pasta according to the package run under cold water to stop the cooking process, stir through a little Olive Oil so it doesn’t stick together.
- Heat a small pan and add the Snap Peas with a little of the marinade and cook for about 2 minutes, you want to keep them green and crunchy. Add the Tomatoes and about a tablespoon of the Marinade to the pan and cook for about 1 minute, remove the Thyme sprigs and set aside.
- Add the Snap Peas to the Pasta and mix together, then add the Tomatoes with the cooking liquid and the rest of the Marinade and stir until its all coated.
- Before serving, add grated Orange Zest, Diced Green Onions, torn Mint and chopped Basil Leaves.