Italian Kitchen Sink Salad
|Red Leaf Lettuce||1|
|White Cannellini Beans||1 Can|
|Artichoke Hearts (quartered)||1 14 0z Jar|
|Roasted Red Pepper Strips||1 Cup|
|Toasted Pine Nuts||1/3 Cup|
|Thin Italian Bread Sticks||1 Box|
|Red Wine Vinegar||1/4 Cup|
|Olive Oil||1/3 Cup|
|Parmesan Cheese||1/2 Cup|
|Italian Herb Seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Salt & Pepper||1/2 teaspoon each|
An easy salad to throw together as most of this salad comes out of jars. If you like the salad at Olive Garden, this is a kicked up and fresh version of that salad!
I used the DeLallo breadsticks you can find them at most grocery stores for a couple of dollars. I also used shaved parmesan for the dressing and mixed it up with a stick blender, if you are using a whisk I would probably use grated parmesan.
- Make the Dressing by blending everything together and adjusting to taste, if it’s too tart add a little more sugar, you might find that you don’t need as much Salt as the Parmesan is salty enough.
- Shred the Radicchio and place in a bowl of cold water, this will remove the bitterness.
- Pickle the Onion using this recipe.
- Cut the Lettuces into bite size pieces and add to a large bowl.
- Open the Beans drain and rinse them with cold water, add to the bowl.
- Drain the Red Peppers and add them to the bowl.
- Drain the quartered Artichoke Hearts add them to the bowl.
- Drain the Radicchio and the Pickled Red Onions and add them to the bowl.
- Mix together with the Dressing.
- Throw the Pine nuts on top and serve with the Breadsticks.