Kale Beet Wild Rice Salad
|Cooked Black Rice||
||2 Cups (1 cup uncooked)
|Honey / Agave or Maple Syrup||
||2-3 Tblsp to taste
|Apple Cider Vinegar||
This is a super vitamin packed 5 ingredient fall salad with earthy flavors. It’s very easy to make and most of the ingredients can be prepared ahead of time. It holds up well on a fall dinner table.
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Roast beets by peeling and cutting them into large cubes and toss with oil and salt & pepper then roasting them at 400 degrees for 45 to 60 minutes until just tender.
- Tear kale from the stems into smaller pieces.
- Toast pecans in a medium hot dry pan until they start to smell toasted (not burned).
- Make dressing.
- Dice green Onions.
- Mix all ingredients together & serve.