Kale Taco Salad
|Cherry Tomatoes||2 Cups|
|Romaine Lettuce||1 Head|
|Black Beans||1 Can|
|Roasted Corn||2 Cups|
|Cotija Cheese||1/4 Cup|
|Tortilla Chips||1 Cup|
|Canola Oil||3/4 Cup|
|Rice Wine Vinegar||3 Tablespoons|
|Dijon Mustard||1 teaspoon|
|Honey or Agave||1 teaspoon|
|Fresh Ginger||1/2 inch piece|
|Fresh Parsley||2 Tablespoons|
|Salt & Pepper|
This is a healthy version of a taco salad, actually, you could stick a Snickers bar in this and it would still be healthier than most taco salads you can get.
If you don’t want to bother grilling the Corn on the Cob, strip it first and then char it or drain canned corn and do the same.
- Make the Dressing by peeling the Ginger and chopping it up, remove the seeds and chop the Jalapenos, squeeze the Lime then add the juice along with all the other ingredients minus the Oil to a food processor or blender. Blend together then add the Oil in a slow stream with the motor running until blended.
- Char the Corn by placing the Corn Cobs in a hot grill pan or BBQ and keep turning them until they are browned on all sides.
- Remove the Kale leaves from the stems and tear into smaller pieces.
- Rough chop or tear the Romaine Lettuce and add it to a large bowl.
- Halve the Cherry Tomatoes.
- Drain and rinse the Black Beans.
- Peel and matchstick the Jicama.
- Dice the Avocado & Green Onions.
- Mix the dressing through the Salad greens.
- When the Corn is cool enough to handle slice the Corn off the cobs and add to the Salad.
- Throw in the Tomatoes, Black Beans and Avocado.
- Top with the Cheese and Tortilla Chips.