Layered Berry Scones
|Baking Powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Cold Unsalted Butter||6 Tablespoons|
|Heavy Cream||1 Cup + 2 Tablespoons|
|Berry Preserves||1/4 Cup|
|Powdered Sugar||1 Cup|
I found this recipe on Tastemade.com
- Pre Heat oven to 400 Degrees.
- In a mixing bowl add flour, Baking Powder, Salt & Sugar. Cut the Cold Butter into cubes and using a pastry blender or food processor mix until you have the texture of coarse crumbs. Add the heavy Cream and gently fold together.
- Turn the dough out on to a lightly floured surface, using a rolling pin , roll dough into a large rectangle, spread Preserves on the dough and fold one half of the dough over and add the remaining Preserves on top of that dough and fold to cover the Preserves, lightly press to close it shut.
- Cut Dough into 6 even triangles, brush with Heavy Cream and sprinkle with Sugar and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden brown.
- For the Icing add the Powdered Sugar to a small bowl, slowly add the Milk and whisk until smooth, stir in the Vanilla and drizzle over the scones , serve warm with fresh Berries.