Arugula Salad with Lemon Yogurt Dressing
|Romaine Lettuce||2 Cups|
|French Fried Onions||1/2 Cup|
|Pine Nuts||1/4 Cup|
|Greek Yogurt||1/2 Cup|
|Salt & Pepper|
An easy salad that tastes as fresh as it looks! This is also any easy salad to adapt to what ever you want , add chopped boiled Eggs, chopped Mushrooms, Cilantro, Blue Cheese, Matchstick Cucumbers or Apples, anything you want as long as its small.
For individual portions I wrapped the Cucumber around the outside to hold it together so I could stuff more salad in it, but it isn’t necessary( also there is a toothpick holding it in place you just cant see it from the photo), you can put it in a ring or large round cookie cutter and pack it quite tight then lift it up and it should be a pretty tight circle in the center of a plate or just serve it all mixed together, it still tastes great.
- Mix Yogurt dressing together and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Thinly slice red onions (if you like them really thin use a vegetable peeler) Soak sliced Onions in cold water to remove the strong flavor.
- Chop Romaine Lettuce into small chunks.
- Deseed the Pomegranate and thinly slice Cucumber if you are using them.
- Mix Greens with the Yogurt Dressing and arrange on the plate (see above).
- Garnish with Fried Onions, Pomegranates and Pine Nuts.