Lemony Greek Potatoes with Whipped Herb Feta
|Feta Cheese||3/4 Cup|
|Cream Cheese||3 oz|
|Italian Parsley||4 Tablespoons|
|Olive Oil||3 Tablespoons|
|Yukon Gold Potatoes||2 Lbs|
|White Vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Canola Oil||3 Tablespoons|
|Dried Oregano||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt & Pepper|
Who doesn’t love potatoes! These are a little more complicated than I usually make but they were worth the effort.
- Rinse and cut the Potatoes into wedges add to pot with enough water to cover the Potatoes by 1 inch, add the Vinegar & 2 Tablespoons of Salt. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer & cook for about 5-7 minutes until tender.
- Pre Heat the oven to 475 Degrees, line a large baking dish with foil. You want the Potatoes to spread out without overlapping.
- In a small bowl Mix the Oil, zest of the Lemon and then squeeze the Juice, crush the Garlic & add the Oregano.
- Drain the Potatoes and pat them dry, add the Cornstarch to a large ziplock bag and shake them gently to coat them.
- Pour the Oil mixture over them and toss again to coat.
- Place cut side down on the foil covered baking dish, place in the oven and bake for about 15 minutes, turn them gently so they get golden on both sides, cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Make the Feta Dip by whizzing the Feta & Cream Cheese together until reasonably smooth, add the Parsley, Dill, zest and juice the Lemon, Salt & Pepper, slowly add the Oil while the motor is running, taste and add more seasoning if needed.
- Serve hot with the Feta Dip on the side.