Mango Wonton Salad
|Spring Greens||3 Cups|
|Diced Mango||1 Can or 2 Fresh|
|Roasted Salted Pepitas||1/2 Cup|
|Extra Virgin Olive Oil||1/2 Cup|
|White Balsamic Vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Dijon Mustard||1 teaspoon|
|Cayenne Pepper||1/8 teaspoon|
|Salt & Pepper|
The dressing for this salad is fantastic and the recipe makes more than you will need, but you but you will not be disappointed! I think it would also make a great marinade with all of the fresh citrus that it has.
You can use fresh Mangoes,I used both fresh and canned, I just picked out the mushy ones and used the firm pieces, I mixed it with a fresh Mango that I diced up.
Add chopped Macadamia Nuts for an added crunch.
- Mix all the dressing ingredients together and set aside.
- Make the Wonton by heating some oil in a pan and laying them flat and frying each side until golden and crispy. It only takes a minute so don’t burn them.
- Lift them out with tongs while you let the oil drain off, then lay them on a paper towel to dry.
- If you are using canned Mangoes drain them in a sieve.
- If you are Using Fresh Mango here is a link that will help you dice it.
- Seed and dice the Red Pepper.
- Mix the Salad Greens with some of the Dressing and then scatter the Mangoes and Red Peppers over the Greens and sprinkle the Pepitas on top.