Mexican Pasta Salad w/ Red Pepper Chili Vinaigrette
|Campanelle Pasta||1 Box|
|Black Beans||1 Can|
|Cherry Tomatoes||1 Cup|
Red Pepper Vinaigrette
|Jarred Roasted Red Peppers||2|
|Fresh Ginger||1/2 inch piece|
|Rice Wine (Mirin)||4 Tablespoons|
|Sesame Oil||1/2 teaspoon|
|Canola Oil||1/2 Cup|
|Chili Powder||1 teaspoon|
This is a great combination of flavors made from ingredients you may already have in your pantry!
You can use any type of Pasta you like for this Salad.
To estimate how many Red Peppers you need to make the dressing, they seem to be in halves in the jar so you just make up the difference by spreading them out a little to get the 2 whole Peppers you need for this, don’t sweat it if you add too much it will taste great.
- Make the Dressing by peeling the Garlic & Ginger and roughly chopping it then adding it to a food processor, drain the Red Peppers and add them in, juice the Lime and add that, blitz together then add the Rice Wine, Sesame Oil & Chili Powder, with motor running add the Canola Oil and blend until smooth.
- Cook the Pasta according to the package.
- Add a little Olive Oil to the drained Pasta so it doesn’t stick together. Set aside.
- Drain and rinse the Black Beans and Corn.
- Halve the Tomatoes and dice the Avocado.
- Finely mince the Cilantro.
- Add some of the Dressing to the Pasta and mix through adding a little more if you think it needs it, don’t drown it just enough to coat it.
- Gently mix through the Black Beans, Corn, Avocado & Cilantro.