Mexican Pinto Bean Pies with Dorito Crusts
|Nacho Cheese Doritos||6 Cups|
|Canola Oil||2 Tablespoons|
|Shredded Mozzarella Cheese||1/2 Cup|
Pinto Bean Filling
|Pinto Beans||2 Cans|
|Refried Beans||1 Can|
|Taco Seasoning||1 Envelope|
|Shredded Lettuce||2 Cups|
|Chopped Tomatoes||1 Cup|
|Shredded Cheese||1 Cup|
|Sour Cream||1/2 Cup|
|Fire Roasted Corn||1 Can|
These are easily customizable little pie that you can tailor to your personal tastes, dress them like you would a taco.
You can use what ever flavor Doritos you like for these, I used the Nacho Cheese ones for color.
You can make the Crusts a day ahead just store them in an air tight container.
You can add Avocado, Guacamole, Salsa or Red Onion or anything you like.
- Pre Heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- To make the Crusts add the Doritos and the Shredded Cheese to a food processor and process until it looks like breadcrumbs.
- While the food processor is running slowly pour the Canola Oil in and then follow with the Water.
- The mixture should hold together when squeezed.
- Press into 6 mini tart pans or 1 x 10 inch tart tin.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes or until crust is golden.
- Set aside to cool.
- Drain the Beans (reserving the liquid) add to a pot with the Refried Beans, add the seasoning and let cook over a medium heat until heated through. Add a little of the liquid from the Beans so you can stir it easily.
- To serve spoon the Bean mixture into the Shells and garnish with the toppings.