Modernized Waldorf Salad
|Granny Smith Apples||3|
|Toasted Walnuts||1/2 Cup|
|Micro Greens||!/4 Cup|
|Japanese Mayonnaise||1/2 Cup|
|Salt & Pepper|
A bit of twist on an old-fashioned Waldorf salad, you could add Blue Cheese if you’re a fan!
The Japanese Mayo I use is the Kewpie brand I found at WalMart.
I would never attempt this recipe without a Mandoline, it’s too hard to get them thin.
If you don’t want to Toast the Walnuts use the pre-packaged Candied Walnuts.
- Make the Dressing by zesting and juicing the Lemon mixing all the ingredients together, adjust to taste.
- Toast the Walnuts.
- Slice the Celery thin on an angle.
- Thinly Slice the Apples on a Mandoline.
- Stack the Apples on a plate and drizzle the Dressing over the plate then scatter the Walnuts, Celery and the Micro Greens on the plate. Serve the extra Dressing on the side.
- Add Blue Cheese or Goats Cheese if you like.