Moroccan Carrot Salad
|Quinoa or Freekeh||1/2 cup|
|Cilantro||1 large bunch|
|Toasted Pine Nuts||1/4 Cup|
|Arugula||2 Cups/1 Bag|
|McCormick'sMoroccan Seasoning||3 Tblsp|
|Chick Peas||1 Can|
|Sumac (optional)||1 Tsp|
|Plain Greek Yogurt||1 12 oz cup|
|Olive oil||1 Tblsp|
|Lemon Juice||1/4 cup|
|McCormick's Moroccan Seasoning||2 tsp or more|
I am addicted to MKR Australia! This recipe was a favorite of the Judges and I have been making my version ever since I watched the episode. I love this salad! I have substituted Freekeh for Quinoa even Farro. The most important ingredient is Ras El Hanout
I have found it at most large grocery stores. It is fantastic blend of all the spices necessary to make this salad great.
- Mix all Dressing ingredients together as they need time to infuse.
- Quarter Carrots lengthwise (if they are thin just halve them) and toss with olive oil and salt & pepper & a sprinkle of McCormick’s Moroccan Seasoning Ras-El-Hanout lay flat on a foil lined baking tray topped with parchment paper.
- Do the same for the Chickpeas I bake them all on the same tray just separate them with a little foil.
- Bake Carrots and Chick peas at 400 degrees until just tender about 20-25 mins.
- Cook Quinoa or Freekeh according to package*
- Place Arugula on platter.
- When Quinoa or Freekeh is cooled mix through about 1/4 cup of the spiced yogurt dressing.
- Spoon Quinoa or Freekeh on Arugula then add the cooked Chick Peas and place cooked Carrots on top of that, sprinkle with Sumac (optional).
- Top with remaining dressing and sprinkle with toasted Pine Nuts and Cilantro.
* If you can cook Quinoa or Freekeh in vegetable/chicken broth for a much better flavor.