Moroccan Cauliflower Couscous Salad
|Dried Apricots||1 Cup|
|Dried Cranberries||1/2 Cup|
|Olive oil||3-4 Tablespoons|
Moroccan flavors add a great kick to a bland vegetable and using Cauliflower instead of grains makes for a fabulous low carb side dish or salad.
My go to Moroccan seasoning is Ras El Hanout I use it all the time, it has a great blend of spices in it and is very versatile.
You can serve this as a warm side dish or a cold salad.
- If you are using a food processor break the Cauliflower into florets and working in batches grind the Cauliflower into a Couscous like size. If you don’t have a food processor just use a cheese grater.
- Cut the Apricots into quarters, roughly chop the Pistachios, Cranberries, and Spinach.
- Dice the Yellow Onion.
- Heat the Olive Oil in a large fry pan and add the Onion and cook until just starting to brown when the Onion is starting brown add the Garlic.
- Add the Grated Cauliflower to the pan and cook while stirring for about 8-10 minutes until it starts to change color and brown.
- Add the Seasoning and the salt, taste it at this point and adjust any seasonings
- Take off the heat and add all the ingredients except the Mint.
- Chop the Mint and throw on top.