Moroccan Beet & Sweet Potato Salad
|Italian Parsley||1/4 Cup|
|Dates||3-4 or 1/4 Cup Chopped|
|Olive Oil||1/4 Cup|
|Chili Powder||1-2 teaspoons|
|Apple Cider Vinegar||1/4 Cup|
The Moroccan flavors of this salad are a great compliment to the sweet potato and the beets, feel free to add feta or goat cheese if you wish.
Pre-Heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Peel and cube the Sweet Potato into large pieces, I cut them into wedges and then into triangle shaped segments.
- Peel the Beets and cut into smaller cubes than the Sweet Potatoes.
- Keeping each ingredient separate, toss with a little Oil and place in foil ( I make a little foil “boats”) for the Beets then place them on a cookie sheet and I use a whole cookie sheet lined with foil for the Sweet Potatoes I also sprinkle some Moroccan Seasoning and salt on the Sweet Potatoes.
- Roast for about 45 minutes to an hour, tossing them halfway through so they cook evenly. You don’t want them to be too soft they should be slightly firm.
- Make the dressing by whizzing everything together and adjusting to taste, it’s quite sweet so if you like it with a little more sharpness add more Vinegar and more Chili Powder if you like.
- Chop the Red Pepper and slice the peeled Carrots into thin discs, I used this handheld mandoline.
- Rough chop the Mint, Parsley & Cilantro.
- When the Vegetables are cooked and cooled, toss with enough dressing to cover the salad then add the remaining ingredients.
- Crush the Pistachios a little and throw over the salad with the Mint, Parsley & Cilantro.