Ooey Gooey Butter Cake
|Yellow Cake Mix||1|
|Butter||2 Sticks (divided)|
|Vanilla||2 teaspoons (divided)|
|Powdered Sugar||4 Cups|
There is nothing healthy about this cake at all! However, it is super easy to make and is sure to disappear quickly when you serve it.
- Generously grease a 9×13 pyrex dish and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt one of the sticks of Butter.
- Place the Yellow Cake mix and 1 teaspoon of Vanilla in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and mix with 1 Egg and the Melted Butter ( it will be thick & resemble putty).
- Plop into the greased dish and press evenly.
- In the same mixing bowl( no need to wash it) add the Cream Cheese and beat until smooth, melt the remaining stick of Butter.
- Add the remaining Eggs to the smooth Cream Cheese and the remaining Vanilla, beat until smooth.
- Add the melted Butter and continue mix.
- Add the Powdered Sugar a cup at a time and mix on a low speed until blended.
- Pour this over the Cake and smooth it out.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the center is not jiggly.
- Allow the Cake to cool before serving.