Oven Fried Asparagus with Curry Aioli
|Panko Breadcrumbs||1 1/2 Cups|
|Lemon Pepper Seasoning||2 Tablespoons|
|Garlic Powder||2 teaspoons|
|Canola Oil||3 Tablespoons|
|Curry Powder||1 Tablespoon|
Crunchy Asparagus covered in crunchy breadcrumbs, what’s not to like?
Add some Curry Aioli and this is so good even Asparagus haters will love this.
I made mine using plates for the dredging
- Pre heat the oven to 425 Degrees.
- Make the Curry Aioli by mixing the Mayo, 1 Tablespoon Curry powder and Honey together. taste then add the rest of the Curry Powder to your liking, add the Salt last you may find you don’t need it but add it if you like.
- Place the Cornstarch on a plate or in a large Ziplock bag.
- Place the Panko Crumbs on a plate or Ziplock bag, season with the Lemon Pepper & Garlic Powder.
- Beat the Eggs and keep in a separate bowl (large enough to fit the Asparagus spears).
- Break the woody ends off the Asparagus spears.
- Place a 10 x 15 baking dish with the Oil in the oven to heat up while you dredge the Asparagus.
- Place the Spears in the beaten Eggs to coat then in the Cornstarch, then the Eggs again and finally the Panko. They should be completely coated.
- Open the oven and take the hot baking dish out and add the Asparagus Spears one at a time, be careful not too get the oil on you.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom, then turn them over and continue to cook for another 5-10 minutes.
- Serve hot with the Curry Aioli.