Peas & Carrots
|Thawed Petite Peas||2 Cups|
|Cream Cheese||4 oz|
|Olive Oil||2 Tbls|
|Grated Parmesan||1 Cup|
|Lemon Zest||1 Lemon|
|Fresh Tarragon or any herb||2 tsp|
|Kosher Salt||1 tsp|
I think I would have eaten more peas and carrots as a child if it were served this way. A creamy pea dip with carrots that is so simple to assemble. You know it’s easy when the main ingredient just requires thawing.
I found this recipe watching Giada’s show on the Food Network and thought it looked simple enough. I was right, it is so easy. Serve any vegetables you like with it as it works with anything.
You can buy carrot chips already done in the produce department. Carrot sticks or baby carrots will work just fine.
- Put the thawed Peas, Olive oil & Tarragon in a food processor & pulse until finely chopped (about 30 seconds).
- Add Cream Cheese and process until smooth,(about 1 minute).
- Add Parmesan, Lemon Zest & Salt and pulse to combine.
- Spoon Dip into a bowl, cover & refrigerate until ready to use.
- Peel & slice Carrots on an angle & serve.