Pickled Grape & Pecan Salad with Goats Cheese Toast
|Mixed Spring Greens||3 Cups|
|Grapes||1 1/2 Cups|
|Apple Cider Vinegar||1/2 Cup|
|Warm Water||1 Cup|
|Sherry Vinegar||4 Tablespoons|
|Olive oil||8 Tablespoons|
|Dijon Mustard||2 teaspoons|
|Honey or Agave||2 teaspoons|
Goats Cheese Toasts
|Goats Cheese||3/4 Cup|
|Fresh Parsley Leaves||1/4 Cup|
This is so easy to make and gives an alternative to adding the goat cheese to the salad in case people don’t like it
- Start by making the pickling liquid by mixing the Apple Cider Vinegar, Sugar and Warm Water.
- Halve the Grapes and add them to the pickling liquid, add more water to cover the Grapes. Leave for about 30 minutes or longer.
- Mix the Dressing ingredients together.
- Toast the Pecans in a dry pan over a medium-high heat until just toasted about 5 minutes.
- Slice the Baguette and spread with the Goats Cheese, it is easier to stir the Goats Cheese in a bowl first and get it smooth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake the Toasts for about 10-15 minutes.
- Put the Salad Greens in a bowl, drain the Pickled Grapes and add them to the bowl with the Pecans and some of the Dressing, just enough to wet the Salad.
- Add a Parsley Leaf to the top of the Goats Cheese Toasts.