Easy Pineapple Brown Sugar Tart Tatin
|Brown Sugar||4 Tablespoons|
|Puff Pastry||1 Box|
4 ingredients are all this recipe requires!
Vanilla Ice Cream is a great accompaniment to this tart (in full transparency mine is not ice cream, I didn’t have any so I had to use Ricotta Cheese for the photo !)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Peel and Slice the Pineapple removing the hard center core, you want to slice it into quarters reasonably thin.
- In the bottom of a 9 or 10-inch pie tin sprinkle the Brown Sugar evenly and cut the Butter into small cubes and evenly distribute over the Brown Sugar.
- Lay the Pineapple evenly starting at the outside edge.
- Place the large outside edge of the Pineapple Slice against the edge of the tin.
- Lay the inside circles of the Pineapple by overlapping them the same way until it is full with no gaps.
- Roll the thawed Pastry onto a lightly floured surface, place the Pie tin on top and cut a circle about 1/2 inch larger than the tin.
- Place the Pastry on top of the Pineapple and tuck the edges under as well as you can, it kind of seals the Butter and Sugar in.
- Bake for about 15 to 20 minutes until quite brown.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes before placing a plate on the pie tin and flipping it over and serve with Ice Cream or Whipped Cream if you want.