GF Quinoa Apricot & Arugula Salad
|Dried Apricots||1/2 Cup|
|Chopped Chives||1/4 Cup|
|Vegetable Broth||2 Cups|
|Olive oil||1/4 Cup|
|Honey or Agave||2 teaspoons|
|Salt and Pepper|
A really satisfying salad that includes some great antioxidant ingredients and the fact that it’s GF is purely by accident.
I found this on loveandlemons.com and I am so glad I did, the only substitute I made was Pistachios for the Almonds.
- Make the Dressing by mincing the Garlic, zesting and juicing the Lemon then whisking them into all the other ingredients.
- Cook the Quinoa according to the package but substituting the Water for Vegetable Stock and all the stock is absorbed, set aside to cool and then fluff with a fork to separate the grains or whatever Quinoa is.
- Drain the can of Chickpeas.
- Chop the Dried Apricots.
- Dice the Avocado.
- Finely chop the Chives.
- Mix the Dressing through the Quinoa, add the Avocados, Apricots, Chickpeas and the Chives.
- Mix through the Arugula and throw the Pistachios on top.