Quinoa Strawberry Mint Salad with Feta
|Red Quinoa||1 Cup|
|Vegetable Broth||2 Cups|
|Mixed Spring Greens||3 Cups|
|Frozen peas||1 Cup|
|Feta Cheese||1/2 Cup|
|Fresh Mint||1/4 Cup|
|Frozen Strawberries||12 oz Bag|
|Lemon Juice||1/4 Cup|
|Champagne Vinegar||3 Tablespoons|
|Olive Oil||3 Tablespoons|
- Thaw the frozen Strawberries (I thawed mine in the microwave as I forgot to take them out of the freezer).
- Squeeze the Lemons & crush the Garlic.
- Mix everything a food processor or blender.
- Adjust it to your taste, add a little more Sugar or Vinegar depending on your taste.
- Cook the Quinoa in the Vegetable Broth for about 15 minutes until the broth is absorbed, cover and set aside to cool. I made mine the day before. If you do it the day of, spread it on a cookie sheet or plate to cool it quicker, it only needs to be room temperature
- Quarter the Strawberries.
- Thaw the frozen Peas by running them under hot water and set aside.
- Toast the Pecans in a dry pan over a medium-high heat, should only take about 5 minutes
- Dice the Green Onions and the Mint.
- Mix everything together with about 1/4 Cup of the Dressing, add more if you think it needs it.
- Top with crumbled Feta Cheese.