Spring Radish Couscous Salad
|Frozen Peas||1 Small Bag|
|Green Onions||1/2 Bunch|
|Vegetable Stock||2 Cups|
|Olive Oil||1/4 Cup|
I love spring flavors probably more than any other season, they are so fresh and vibrant! This salad fits the bill perfectly.
Fresh cucumber & radishes are everywhere right now and I just love them! The avocado adds a nice creamy texture to the dressing.
You could substitute the arugula with baby spinach I just enjoy the peppery flavor of the arugula.
- Cook the Couscous in the Vegetable Broth it usually takes about 15 minutes and all the liquid is absorbed. Set aside to cool down. I add a little oil to it and mix it through with my hands to prevent it from sticking together.
- Halve the Cucumber across ways then down the middle, scrape out the seeds then slice it.
- Wash the Radishes and cut the tops & bottoms off them then quarter them if they are small, if they are on the large side halve the pieces again.
- Put the Frozen Peas in a sieve or colander and run hot water over them set them aside to thaw.
- Cover your hands with plastic gloves of zip lock bags and deseed the Chili and finely dice it.
- Dice the Green Onions.
- To make the Dressing Mash the Avocado in a small bowl with a fork add the Lemon Juice and a little Salt & Pepper, add the oil in a thin stream while whisking .
- Toss all the ingredients together with the Dressing until evenly coated.