Raspberry Cheesecake French Toast Roll
|Sliced Brioche||10 Large slices|
|Cream Cheese (room temperature)||2 8oz Packages|
|Powdered Sugar||1 Cup|
|Vanilla Extract||1 teaspoon|
|Fresh Raspberries||1 Cup|
A great way to do french toast for a crowd.
I found this recipe on Tasty.com if you want to see what it is supposed to look like check it out here
I found it useful to have a visual of what I was trying to do. Feel free to substitute Strawberries or Blackberries in place of the Raspberries.
Try to find the largest Brioche slices you can. I found mine at Walmart.
- Mix the Cream Cheese with the Powdered Sugar and Vanilla
- Beat one of the Eggs in a small bowl.
- Lay a large piece of cling film on the counter and lay four of the Bread slices out and brush the edges with the beaten Egg then overlap with the edges of the next four pieces so you have 2 rows of four pieces of bread overlapping, brush all the edges with the Egg and press firmly together. Cut the last two pieces in half lengthwise and add to the ends of each row of bread so you have something that looks likes a bread quilt (see above).
- Spread the Cream Cheese mixture over the Bread and sprinkle with the Raspberries.
- Using the cling film gently but firmly roll up the Bread and twist the ends to seal and then place in the freezer for about 1 hour.
- Pre Heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- After an hour remove the plastic wrap from the roll. and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Mix the remaining Eggs with the Milk, Sugar & Cinnamon then brush it all over the roll (I did mine a couple of times).
- Place in the hot oven for 12-15 minutes until its golden brown.
- Dust with Powdered Sugar and serve by cutting into slices, serve with Maple syrup if you like, but its quite sweet on its own.