Red White & Blue Pie
|Melted Butter||6 Tablespoons|
|Whole Milk||2 1/2 Cups|
|Beaten Egg Yolks||4|
|Vanilla Extract||1 teaspoon|
|White Chocolate Chips||1/2 Cup|
Whipped Cream Topping
|Heavy Whipping Cream||1/2 Cup|
|Powdered Sugar||4 Tablespoons|
|Vanilla Extract||1 teaspoons|
|Blueberries or Blackberries||1/2 Cup|
There is a quicker and easier version of this if you do not want to bake anything, you can freeze the pie crust instead of baking it, you can also make the filling with whipped cream and vanilla pudding mix instead of the cooked custard.
This does need to be refrigerated for at least 4-5 hours I left mine in the fridge overnight as usual.
- Pre Heat the oven to 350 if you are baking the crust.
- Crush or pulverize the Biscoff Cookies in a food processor and mix with the Melted Butter & Sugar and press into a 9 inch pie tin.
- Place in the freezer or bake for 10 minutes and let cool.
- In a saucepan combine the Sugar, Cornstarch & Salt, whisk to combine. Start whisking in the Milk over a medium heat, bring to a low boil whisking constantly. Continue to cook and whisk for 2 minutes until thick.
- Add 1 Cup of the hot Milk mixture to the beaten Eggs and whisk well.
- Add the tempered Egg mixture back to the pot and continue to whisk and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and throw in the White Chocolate Chips and Butter, stir until melted then add the Vanilla.
- Let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Pour the slightly cooled mixture into the crust.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours best overnight.
- When ready to serve Whip the Cream to stiff peaks with the Vanilla & Powdered Sugar and spoon on top of the pie.
- Top with the Fruit and serve.