Roasted Pepper Pressed Sandwich
|Round Bread Loaf||1|
|Sliced Cheese||8 slices|
|Roasted Red Pepper||3 Slices|
|Roasted Yellow Peppers||3 Slices|
|Flavored Cream Cheese||1/4 Cup|
There is really no right or wrong way to make this recipe, you just add the ingredients you like and leave out what you don’t!
I used store bought bread but you can use the recipe for No Knead bread that you can find on the website.
Make sure all the ingredients are dry, just pat them with a paper towel or your sandwich will be soggy. It also helps if the Cream Cheese is at room temperature.
- Cut the top of the Loaf, cut a large enough circle so that you can get your hand inside to remove the bread. Reserve the top for later.
- Scoop out the bread inside the loaf carefully so as not to keep the crust intact.
- Using the back of a spoon spread the Cream Cheese over the bottom and sides of the loaf.
- Start by placing some Cheese slices on the Cream Cheese, layer with the Cucumber Slices and then the Roasted Yellow Peppers, then Lettuce and cheese again, keep layering while you press down, press down well while packing as much as you can into the loaf. Remember to season with Salt & Pepper while layering.
- Place thee top back on and wrap it in foil and then plastic wrap, place a large heavy object on top of the loaf and place it in the fridge. I used a small plate with a couple of large 28oz cans. Keep refrigerated for at least 2 hours but up to 8 is ok.
- Top with a little fresh Lettuce and cut into wedges and serve.