Shortcut Party Shrimp Rolls
|Hawaiian Rolls||12 (1 Package)|
|Small Cooked Shrimp||2 12oz Bags|
|Fresh Chives||3 Tablespoons|
|Unsalted Butter||3 Tablespoons|
|Crushed Garlic||1 teaspoon|
|Fresh Parsley||2 Tablespoons|
|Grated White Sharp Cheddar Cheese||3/4 Cup|
|Onion Salt||2 teaspoons|
|Garlic Powder||1/2 teaspoon|
Such an easy dish to take to a pot luck or a party, they are a poor mans version of lobster rolls, but still taste delicious.
You can make these with Crab or Lobster, I used thawed pre cooked Shrimp that I found in the frozen seafood section.
I also added the leftover Garlic Butter from the rolls to the Shrimp mix.
- Pre heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a baking dish with cooking spray and place the Rolls into the dish, using the large circle a large frosting tip press down into the center of the roll and remove a circle of dough.
- Melt the Butter and crushed Garlic with Onion Salt in the microwave and melt until liquid. Brush onto the Rolls making sure to get inside the hollowed out part then place in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove while you make the mixture.
- Rinse the Thawed Shrimp under cold running water, then chop into smaller chunks.
- Dice the Green Onions and finely dice the Chives add the Mayonnaise, Lemon Juice and grated Cheese. Season to taste with Garlic Powder, Onion Salt & Pepper.
- Press mixture into the Rolls and cover with foil & bake for about 10 minutes and then turn on the broil feature and broil for about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with Parsley and Chives, and serve hot.